Oxygen Model of Holism in Integrative Medicine
Majid Ali, M.D.
The Oxygen Model of Holism in Integrative Medicine is an extension of my Oxygen Model of Health and Disease. It is a unifying model that explain all aspects of the multiple disease processes that may co-exist as co-morbidities—clinical course, consequences, and control—on the basis of disturbed oxygen function. The most important among these compromised and/or blocked functions are: (1) oxygen signaling; (2) oxygen’s ATP energy generation; (3) oxygen’s detergent functions; (4) oxygen’s cellular detox functions; (5) oxygen-regulated cell membrane and matrix functions; (6) oxygen’s cellular repair roles.
All the above factors involved in one of the multiple diseases existing in any specific co-morbidity state will fan the fires of the other. Furthermore, the clinico-pathologic consequences of each disease in the co-morbidity state with intensify the degree of the other.
The Oxygen Model of Holism provide a simple model that allows physicians to reduce complexities of diverse clinical syndromes into a workable simplicity. This model predicts that ongoing research will reveal that components of acidosis (excess acidity), oxidosis (increased oxidative stress), and CUD (clotting-unclotting dysequilibrium) will be found to play important roles in the pathology and clinical features of any or all diseases existing in co-morbidity relationships.
Crucial Importance of the Oxygen Model of Holism in Integrative Medicine
The crucial importance of the Oxygen Model of Holism in Integrative Medicine is that it:
1. Explains the scientific basis of primary mechanism of cellular energetic dysfunction in all diseases existing in a co-morbidity relationships;
2. Sheds light how health can be restored by addressing all relevant oxygen-related issues;
3. Elucidates how toxicities of foods, environments, and thoughts cause tissue injury and disease;
4. Reveals the mechanisms by which various detox therapies work (Oxygen is the primal detergent which removes cellular grease and allows cells to breathe freely).
5. Allows the formulation of rational and effective designs for preventing, arresting, and reversing these disorder;
6. Provides explanations of mechanisms by which time-honored natural remedies work; and
7. Most importantly from a clinical standpoint, explains how all therapies used for arresting or reversing one disorder in the co-morbidity state will have the benefits of arresting or reversing the other disease, so fostering holism in integrative medicine.