Oxygen Model of Neuropathy
Majid Ali, M.D.
My Oxygen Model of Neuropathy is an extension of my Oxygen Model of Health and Disease. It is a unifying model that explains all aspects of neuropathy —causes, clinical course, consequences, and control—on the basis of disturbed oxygen function. The most important among these compromised and/or blocked functions are: (1) oxygen signaling; (2) oxygen’s ATP energy generation; (3) oxygen’s detergent functions; (4) oxygen’s cellular detox functions; (5) oxygen-regulated cell membrane and matrix functions; (6) oxygen’s cellular repair roles.
The Oxygen Model of Neuropathy provides a simple model that allows physicians to reduce complexities of diverse clinical syndromes into a workable simplicity. The exceptions to the above are inherited disorders.
This model predicts that ongoing research will reveal that components of acidosis (excess acidity), oxidosis (increased oxidative stress), and CUD (clotting-unclotting dysequilibrium) will be found to play important roles in the pathology and clinical features of Neuropathy.
The crucial importance of the Unifying Oxygen Model of Nuropathy is that it:
* Explains the scientific basis of physiology and pathology of peripheral nerves;
* Sheds light on various contributory causative factors fan each other’s fires;
* Elucidates how toxicities of foods, environments, and thoughts set the stage for neuropathy;
* Reveals the mechanisms by which various detox therapies restore functions of nerves;
* Allows the formulation of rational and effective designs for reversing neuropathy; and
* Provides explanations of mechanisms by which time-honored natural remedies work.